Monday, March 22, 2010

Why Not To Be Like Everyone Else

I am an independent person, thinker... I fight for what I believe even when its against my friends or acquaintances (inside joke). I believe that there's some good in people  when sometimes there's none. I believe in my people (Mexicans (in the US)) when my people doesn't even notice. I believe that as a whole we shall all help each other.Sometimes I find myself thinking is it really worth it?
Why should I even try when there is so many people who doesn't even try. People whose interest are in jeopardy not mine. Why should I get involved on other people problems like immigration reform or their labor rights?  I wanna help and all they do its stick to what they feel more comfortable with... I am sure many of the great thinkers of the past would find themselves in a similar situation but they would know what to do. I don't know what to think or what to do when I see that my own people fear to lose their jobs if they ask for fair lunch hours.

The following is harsh and it doesn't apply to all Mexicans. Please do not get offended, consider that I am in a place/situation where I have been turn down by many of us. I am disillusioned. This may help some of you who feel that there is something that we need to do in order to become successful as a whole. Lets fix the things we have grown wrong about our culture, lets rethink about what we want to become in the future. Do we want to be the slave ignorant minority?

It is so funny that Mexicans would never tell you where to find a job, they would never help you find a better place to live...  most Mexicans will be afraid if you seem smarter than them because they are afraid...At work many of them will be jealous if you get a promotion... they won't have gas and will put labels on the food they buy so others does not eat them.
To be continued I need time to meditate...and maybe cry about this situation...

2 comments:

RVLRY said...

sad but truth, mexicans wherever they are won't their to the other, they'll just pull you back, it's a syndrome that unfortunately we do have, more tan been offended we should start doin' something for us, because one thing lead to another 'n if we keep helpin' the other we'll be helping out the whole country 'n its citizens wherever they are.

Volovan

Le Muse said...

Reading back to these thoughts I have to point out that when I reference "Mexicans" I am talking about the Mexicans I know that live in the U.S. or at least in California... or to be specific in San Jose.
I find another term for Mexicans that were given that title at birth but don't have the real culture within... I could be brave to say that I am one those; trapped between to worlds. Where, I resent the most that people that look like me the most have more fear to my fragile spanish accent and those who don't are not part of what many call "my group." Anyways, I am getting to sentimental here... lets bring some light!