Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What is free writing?

Yoga class 9:15 am; these stretches are working out. I feel much more happy confident and relax after practicing Yoga. I am a beginner. I am not a great athlete, thus I have participated in cross country, track and filed and dancing. Honestly, I never enjoyed them more than what I enjoy Yoga today. I like to push my body to maintain the poses asked by the teacher such as Chair, Warrior I, Warrior II and today Warrior III. This last one a terrible disaster. Anyways, I enjoy it so much that I am willing to add a Yoga routine to my life style. I have heard great thing about it and most importantly I feel so great during and after practicing a pose, even tree!
Moving on to another subject, todays challenge is to find out "what is free writing?" Well, I know what it means and how to do it. However, I am intrigued by the capacity of a brain to just write about anything comes to mind either focused, or not. While brainstorming about my ethnic identity, Art and Festivities came to my mind. A process that transported me to another place in the world. These thoughts dancing around the tip of my pen took me to Bellas Artes; a cultural center in Mexico City. Its white color and marmol floors. Its big structure and naked angels. Then looking towards my left La Alameda; a park next to Bellas Artes. A contrast. The rich and the poor, transported me to the time of Diego Rivera. The muralistic era, an era that opened the doors to popular Mexicans to art. An art that look like themselves and that even felt the grief they felt, the oppression by those who held and still have the power. An art that was designed for them because it was free, it was implanted to the walls were they probably stand by or waited for their love ones. Moving on, this art transfered my thoughts and my soul to Madero, where great talented dancers, wizards, live statues, actors and musicians displayed their love to art. I imaginged myself walking through those streets where museums are open everyday but mondays and where collectionist display their treasures. Where, the smell of old books are dedicated to a sole street... where the majority of educated population is worth a million. Where ideas and art flow... Where flavored delicious food can be found almost in any corner or parking lot. I love this city. I love its art. I love its landscape from above. Even its churches and am not religious! I am in love with the talent they have the greatest treasure of all within themselves.
this is my free writing. Yes, am not going to proofread or correct anything!
Love <3

1 comment:

Diego said...

I loved it!! Even when you wrote it almost a year ago now... and you're right: While walking México City downtown streets is not too hard at all to step in a time-machine... 18th century spots converted on fancy stores. An overwhelming lack of subsistence bordering the green grass where homeless, families and random individuals take a nap on the grass all together, just besides the wonderful marble palace that Diaz dreamed to be the cultural french echo of sophistication (one of the most visited public squares around the whole city). I wonder how many people a day cross Lazaro Cárdenas when the green lights on at the corner of Madero, how would it be if all of them felt part of the same thing and had an unique belief... or how would it be if an earthquake, such as the 85's one, took place again...

You drove me high this time S!!!